What is the Fox Island Alliance?
The Fox Island Alliance, Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose purposes are:
- To help preserve the natural features of Fox Island County Park
- To assist in its orderly development as a nature preserve
- To raise funds to facilitate its development
- To promote Fox Island’s use as an educational center
- To coordinate volunteer efforts
What are the benefits of joining the Fox Island Alliance?
The benefits of membership in the Fox Island Alliance include:
- free park admission.
- a subscription to the Fox Tale, a quarterly nature newsletter.
- 10% discount in the Nature Center gift shop.
- opportunities for friendship, creativity, satisfaction,leadership, and more.
Can’t I get free admission to Fox Island by joining the AllenCounty Parks?
Yes. Membership in either group allows you free admission to FoxIsland.
How can Fox Island Alliance volunteers help with educational activities of the park?
Volunteers can help by:
- answering questions in the observation building.
- sharing their knowledge of Indians, mammals, birds, reptiles,amphibians, invertebrates, birds, trees, wildflowers, geology,etc.
- leading school groups on nature walks along Fox Island trails.
- helping to develop educational materials.
- teaching classes on nature subjects for adults or children.
- supporting Fox Island programs with their membership dues.
Join the Fox Island Alliance and:
- really “smell the flowers,”
- walk the trails,
- relax on a bench under a leafy bower at the edge of a sunny glen,
- take the family on a picnic,
- enjoy a moment on the deck of the Nature Center,
- enjoy the exhibits inside the Nature Center,
- forget your troubles.
Fox Island is the perfect place to “get back to Nature!”